[nfbcs] 2 more questions re Outlook Express

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Nov 12 19:29:05 UTC 2009

I am trying to set up Outlook Express on my husband's new machine.  I made
a mistake on the Main Identity.  I need to change pop3 to imap, and can't
find anywhere to do it.  I set up a second identity properly, but it's
still taking Main Identity as the default, and so not getting his email.
How can I change the Main Identity to use imap, or make the second
identity the default?  I've asked at work, but no one can help me there.

And, duh, how do I put a shortcut on the desktop?  Outlook Express is on
the start menu, but the man finds that a bit confusing.  I want to put a
shortcut on the desktop, but can't seem to be able to get to the
Properties to do it. I tried looking it up in Windows Help, but it just
burbles about drag and drop. I've never found any useful info in Windows
Help.
Thanks.
Tracy