[nfbcs] NVDA and IE find

Trevor Saunders trev.saunders at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 21:34:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

Personally I have been using unix machines for the past couple years
and haven't payed too much attention to the number of security
vulnerabilities found in IE.  I have however noticed several fairly
significant exploits have been published over the past year or two, and the
fairly recent decision by google to stop installing windows all
together on there own machines (I don't have a link right here).
Not having noticed an exploited machine doesn't imply that the system is
secure, for that matter not having any published exploits doesn't
either.  THe only real way to be sure the system is secure is to read
all of the code involved, and try to exploit the machines in question,
but of course checking even a small fraction of the code is very hard.

Trev