[nfbcs] target.com

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Jun 14 21:32:29 UTC 2011

Tracy,

When I looked at the site, I did not see anything that should be dependent on a certain version of a screen reader.  When you can, would you give exact
steps of what you did?  For example, did you log into an account first?  Did you choose a certain view?  Did you go to a certain department first?  I don't
mean you should answer these questions specifically, just that knowing the exact path you took is important.  If it is just a JFW version problem, there's
probably little to do.  Knowing your browser version also could make a difference.  If there is a clear case of a problem, I am sure we would try to get it fixed
and would probably succeed.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:40:09 -0400, Tracy Carcione wrote:

>I use both my home and office machines for work. I have Jaws11 on my
>netbook, running in demo mode, but NVDA is the default.  It works for me.
>If and when I get the time and inclination, I'll try one of the later
>versions of Jaws again at work.
>Tracy

>> Why not upgrade *and* keep your old version of JAWS? I still have JAWS 11
>> on my home machine.
>>
>> Mike Freeman
>> sent from my iPhone
>>

>> On Jun 14, 2011, at 4:52, "Tracy Carcione" <carcione at access.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Well guys, you were right.  I tried target.com with IE7 and my old Jaws,
>>> and it didn't work.  Then I tried it with IE7 and NVDA, and everything
>>> was
>>> fine.  So apparently it's my old Jaws that doesn't work with the Target
>>> site.  I don't think I'll be "upgrading" though, because the newer