[nfbcs] XP to 32-bit Windows 7

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Tue Sep 9 16:24:21 UTC 2014

	Hello.  Yes, you are right that it wil most likely work without a
problem -- though I'd suggest testing it if possible before making the
switch.
	the larger question, I think, is when do you plan to switch to 64-bit?
Software is getting pretty larege now days and being restricted to 4GB of
memory is fast becoming a real problem.  (Yes, I know there are hacks to
allow 32-bit machines to access more than 4GB of memory, but they are work
arounds for a fundamental problem that never really goes away until you
switch to 64-bit operation.)  If you can make the leap from  XP to Window 7
64-bit in one jump and still get work done, I'd suggest doing that since
I'm pretty sure you're going to have to go to 64-bit anyway and you may as
well spend as little time jumping from platform to platform as possible.
(Just my two cents.)

-Brian