[nfbcs] Removing and grooping apps on iDevices

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Wed May 11 17:12:07 UTC 2016

Hey Peter,

Both these use cases have a similar solution.

1) Flick to (or touch) an app you want to remove, move into a folder, or put into a new folder.

2) double tap and hold anywhere on the screen until you hear "moving" and then the name of the app you selected.

3) To remove the app, double tap anywhere on the screen and respond to the dialog the comes up.

4) to move the app to a folder, you'll need to double tap and drag the icon to be on top of the folder you want to move it into.  This can sometimes be very challenging and may require some practice. You'll need to have a good sense of where the app and the folder are on the screen and then move the app in the direction of the folder. Voiceover will tell you what folders and apps you're dragging your app over. When it's over the folder, just let go and the app should then move into that folder.

5) To create a new folder, you double tap and drag as I described in step 4.  However, you want to drag one app on top of another app. This will create a folder with those two apps in it.  So, if you wanted to create a folder containing the facebook and twitter apps, you would flick to the facebook app, double tap and hold until you hear "moving facebook", then double tap and drag until you hear "on twitter".  You can then let go and you will get a new folder called "Social Media" containing facebook and twitter.

I realize these instructions are a bit tedious.  I hope they'll be helpful.

Jim