[nfbcs] Optacon thoughts

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Sep 15 23:48:08 UTC 2016

Curtis et al:

I acknowledge what you and others have said. The Otpacon did allow
you to feel what was really on the page.  But it was relatively
expensive, and most people never got that fast with it, so didn't use
it much.  Yes, there are people who were good, and still are ... but ...

I predict that what is likely to happen is that we are seeing at
least one announcement of a relatively inexpensive graphics display,
from APH, ue out late next year.  You could scan a page, and have
parts come up on this display, I would predict, giving you a feel of
what is actually there.

Hope I made sense.

Dave