[nfbcs] Specific swift errors

Drenth, Joe Joe.Drenth at JBTC.COM
Mon Jul 30 19:19:04 UTC 2018

Hi Jessica,

It would help to see the lines of code related to those errors, because they are highly context-sensitive.

Joseph Drenth
Senior R&D Software Engineer
JBT Corporation  |  Automated Systems
400 Highpoint Drive
Chalfont, PA  18914, USA
E: joe.drenth at jbtc.com  P: 215 822 4457
www.jbtc-agv.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbcs [mailto:nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Jessica Dail via nfbcs
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 2:47 PM
To: NFB in Computer Science Mailing List
Cc: Jessica Dail
Subject: [nfbcs] Specific swift errors

Hi,
I’ll give the full list of errors I’m getting, in hopes that someone can help.

again/ViewController.swift:28:85: Argument of '#selector' cannot refer to variable 'update'
again/ViewController.swift:25:13: 'update' declared here Warning Group
again/ViewController.swift:25:13: Variable 'update' was never mutated; consider changing to 'let' constant
again/ViewController.swift:26:5: Variable 'counter' was never mutated; consider changing to 'let' constant /Users/jessica/Dropbox/Swift/stop watch again/stop watch again/ViewController.swift:28:13: Initialization of variable 'timer' was never used; consider replacing with assignment to '_' or removing it

Does anyone know what these mean, in simple terms?

Everything I found online, is long & hard to understand.

Thanks,
Jessica