[nfbcs] is there a trick to using JAWS on a laptop with two video cards?

Ryan Boudwin ryanboudwin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 15:39:21 UTC 2018

Hey folks,

I am using JAWS on a Lenovo ThinkPad with two video cards in an optimus
configuration (meaning that there are two video cards, one that is a weak
intel HD card that is very power efficient, and one that is a stronger
NVIDIA card for games, etc).

JAWS is working as expected and I'm not having issues with that side of
things, but since I installed JAWS no applications that would use the
NVIDIA graphics card will work anymore. As I share my computer with others
who don't need JAWS it would be great if it could still be a fully
functional computer when I am not using it.

When I try to launch a game I get an error that says:

No suitable graphics card found.
Could not find a Direct3D device that supports the XNA Framework Reach
profile. Verify that a suitable graphics device is installed.

Does anyone on this list have experience with this kind of issue? Does JAWS
just not play well with others? Do I need to have separate dedicated
hardware for myself as a result, or is there a step that I have missed?

Ryan Boudwin
ryanboudwin at gmail.com