[nfbcs] F12 not working on JAWS

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 14:05:31 UTC 2018

She clarifies that she's talking about JAWS in the subject line.

My question is what kind of computer are we talking about here. Dell
laptops, for example, let you toggle the function keys between standard
function keys or multimedia keys. Stacie, what happens if you try
holding down the FN key, the JAWS key and F12 at the same time? Do you
get the time then? If so, you'll need to toggle off the multimedia keys.
On a Dell laptop I think it's something like FN+Escape.

On 06/23/2018 07:14 PM, Drenth, Joe via nfbcs wrote:
> Hi Stacie,
>
> If you are using JAWS, holding the INSERT key while pressing F12 is what says the time, and pressing F12 twice quickly while holding INSERT says the date.
>
> If that does not help you, please clarify by writing which screen reader you are using, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>
> Joseph Drenth
> Senior R&D Software Engineer