[nfbcs] Helping a company make their web site accessible [was "Fwd: Reply from Adagio Teas"]

Andy Borka sonfire11 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 03:29:39 UTC 2019

I am working with www.gltconline.com to make their website accessible.
We have to take it from the manual method, which is slow and takes time.
They had someone run an automated testing tool, but it failed to catch
most of the problems. Of course, those problems were ux problems that
requires logical thought to work through. For instance, it identified
images without alt text, but failed to tell them that using maps and
schedules embedded into a screenshot is a violation of the wcag. It also
failed to tell them what to put in the alt text of their images. The
best I can recommend is to use both methods.