[NFBCS] Weird JAWS Problem on Windows 10 with Text Editor

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Mon Aug 31 01:49:44 UTC 2020

	hello Nicole.  The first thing I'd do is to try and figure out what's
different between the one computer that works and the others that don't.
For example, Jaws version, version of windows, including patch level,
version of your editor, and any settings within the editor itself.  Also,
because it seems like a good idea, any differences in hardware, i.e. video
card make and model and software driver version.  I'm guessing there is
some settings diference between the one that works and the ones that don't,
i.e. font size difference.  I'd start with the editor settings and compare
those and work my way down the stack, i.e. the editor, Jaws and its
settings, version of Windows, video driver version, and, hardware.  If the
hardware is different, you won't be able to do much about that, but I think
you'll find the critical differnce long before you get to the hardware
level.
	If you are familiar with the diff utility under Linux, then you can
dump most of the OS and hardware settings for each machine into a text file
and let the computer find the differences for you.  And, if you can cut and
paste settings menus for the editor itself into the clipboard, then you can
do the same for them and use the same utility to find any differences.

-thanks
-Brian