[Nfbf-l] any special laws for blind home buyers?

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 25 21:21:05 UTC 2009

Jodi,
    In the State of Florida, the Homestead Exemption is $25,000, which is
taken off of the total assessed value before the tax is levied. For disabled
individuals, the additional exemption is $500, though I thought it was
consistent across the state. I have never heard anything about the exemption
from paying property taxces altogether, as Holly mentioned; although, I
could not - in good conscious - take advantage of such a program.
    My wife's best friend is here fore the weekend. She is a paralegal for a
major law firm that deals exclusively with real estate law. She told me she
has never heard of such a program. We both would be interested in a citation
from Florida statute that provides such an exclusion.

Fraternally,
Marion