[Nfbf-l] Chapter Bi-laws

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 2 17:28:35 UTC 2009

David,
    Some of these items, such as the amount of dues and the time and place
for meetings, need not be defined within a constitution, as they may
frequently change. When they do, if such items are part of the constitution,
it requires such things as mentioned in other posts, such as multiple
readings and a 2/3 affirmative vote. Such items should be kept more general
such as, "The dues of this organization shall be determined by the
membership.".
    As President of the National Association of Guide Dog Users, I have just
completed the writing of a Model Constitution for state affiliate divisions
of NAGDU.FYI, I have attached this document, which also includes some
commentary to guide members in the creation and ratification of this
constitution.

Fraternally,
Marion