[Nfbf-l] 2010 NFBF Convention

Holly hbeanie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 03:08:41 UTC 2010

Thank you Orlando for all that was done. The hotel was great, yes, there
were some small problems but I think they were dealt with upon request. I
was running around this year...what else is new...all convention long. I was
in charge of transportation for our members to get to the hotel and back to
either Amtrak or Greyhound. I was involved as a scholarship mentor for one
of our five scholarship winner this year. Wow, these winners are doing great
things in the world around them. I was in charge of decorations for the
Rockin' with the 50's Auction. That turned out great, thank you everyone who
helped with ideas, supplies, and time putting it all together.I also loved
the white cane walk that we do each year at our convention. It was raining
so we stayed inside the hotel and two scholarship winners and one board
member provided additional leadership for out small groups of walkers. I
think we had almost 20 participants on Saturday. I got to speak to several
moms who had questions about their child and how she or he is using the
cane. Wow! or not using the cane. Which ever the case may be. As a nice
surprise, Sea World wrapped up the weekend of Jacy and myself, along with
seven families. Had a good time over all. I am wipped out but feeling good.

I think we were able to help more then 35 people get from Amtrak or
Greyhound to the hotel and back to Amtrak or Greyhound. Being able to help
provide transportation is how Dad like to contribute to the blind community

It was nice seeing everyone, there was just not enough time for me to really
visit with anyone much. I am looking forward to not having as much to do at
next years convention in St. Pete.
Holly

--
"God gives you 86,400 seconds in a day. Take one to say Thank You."
Walter A. Ward