[Nfbf-l] An update on my Self Advocacy skills

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 00:46:01 UTC 2015

Dear Members,

I'd like to give you an update on my self advocacy skills.
Yesterday afternoon I sent an email to my professor asking her if
I could stop by her office to discuss the questions that I missed
on my first exam.  I did this without assistance from anyone
else.  Tomorrow I begin my first day of volunteering on my
college campus.  I will be interning with the Techraners Team at
the Center For Distributed Learning.  They make sure that an
online course is able to be read with Jaws before it is
published.  I will let you know how my first day goes.  This is a
small step towards improving my independence and my self advocacy
skills.