[Nfbf-l] NFB Newsline Story You Might want to Read about the Blind Traveling in Venice, Italy

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 3 14:44:15 UTC 2017

Good morning and Happy Fourth of July Celebrations to all:

While reading Newsline the other day. I read a lot of the Conde Nast Magazine articles because it has some of the best influences for me as a travel professional and to give others like yourselves interest in travel. Some of us may not be able to travel to places like Italy or Greece, etc. Due to Financial issues etc.

But it shouldn't stop you from traveling just because on the fact of being blind. I thought this story may just give you a look on how to put these ideas into your own ever day life, because traveling is not just taking an airplane ride, cruise, etc to a distant land. It is a most important part of our everyday lives. Get out and walk, enjoy the things around us. Sit and listen, smell the good and the bad, touch the world.

I do this on all of our group trips Nelson and I host, we do not do groups for blind people, we do group travel for everyone, and these groups do not just focus on the visual of the surroundings; but all the immersions of the things around us that god gave to us to enjoy in our own way.

This article is called "Why I Went on a Blindfolded Tour of Venice" Written by Karen Gardiner July 2, 2017. It will be in the magazine section of NFB Newsline and the publication is called Conde Nast Traveler.

If you have flipboard, or can get online to their website, the link is
http://www.cntraveler.com/story/why-i-went-on-a-blindfolded-tour-of-venice

Cheryl and Nelson Echevarria
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com<mailto:cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com>
407-910-6469 home number