[Nfbofnc] time to work on merger

Lusi98 Lusi98 at nc.rr.com
Wed Apr 27 21:48:58 UTC 2011

Hello Again, All.

We are making a massive push on both the Legislature and the Governor's office to let them know how opposed we are to merging Services for the Blind with Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and Vocational Rehabilitation. Please call and Email Governor Perdue. Let her know that she needs to resend Executive Order Eighty-Five Section  7B. Both Call and email every two or three days. We would like a face to face meeting with her, but without your making it evident that we are not going to stand for merger she will not feel that she needs to talk with us. Each one of you is important in this effort. Attached is our shortened form of our position paper on merger for your reference.

The Governor's phone number is 919-733-5811 and her email is governor.office at nc.gov.

Then After you contact the governor please contact your county's Senators and Representatives. If you aren't sure who they are call the legislative switchboard at 919-733-4111. The ladies can tell you who they are. They will be glad to connect you with your senator or representative. If you email them use the pattern firstname.lastname at ncleg.net. It would be fantastic if you could do both. Check in with them every week to see what action if any they have taken.

best of luck to all of you.

Lusi