[Nfbv-announce] Very important info about Saturday's Fairfax motorcycle ride around the city. Must read!

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:45:15 UTC 2016

This is very important.

Below is a note from  the motorcycle drivers about Saturday's motorcycle ride-and-tell around Fairfax City. It contains important information about what you must wear and be aware of before you can ride. Normally, having fun and being safe don't work well together. Fortunately, being safe on this trip means you will have the most fun.

>From the drivers:
All of the riders involved are experienced and most of them participated in our last event.  They are willing to do this ride as a personal thing.  This is not a Chapter sponsored event.  Your members have to know that risk is involved and that they are engaging in a ride of their own free will, recognizing the inherent risks in motorcycle riding and that they will hold the operator harmless for injury incurred other than gross negligence.

For any who wish to ride, you will need to assess and agree that they are physically and emotionally able to do a ride and will follow the instructions of the operator of the motorcycle.

Any who wish to ride should come prepared wearing a long sleeved denim or other sturdy material jacket; jeans, sturdy shoes that come up over the ankle, leather gloves and safety type glasses.  Glasses that wrap around the face are better in that they protect the eyes better from wind borne dust, etc.  We will bring extra helmets.

For more information, contact John Bailey at John_Bailey17 at hotmail.com<mailto:John_Bailey17 at hotmail.com> or via phone at 703.994.2040

We will be meeting Saturday, October 15 at the front steps of the Fairfax City Hall located at
10455 Armstrong St, Fairfax, VA 22030
At 10 AM. You don't have to ride in order to have a good time. Just drop by and feel-the-rumble.