[NFBV-Announce] Aira at Starbucks

Anna Givens annajee82 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 20:37:01 UTC 2020

Aira is pleased to announce a test program with Starbucks. And, we would love to know about your experience, and see your Starbucks selfies. For social media use #OnMyTerms @Starbucks @airaio.
Individuals who are blind or low vision can use the Aira service for assistance at Starbucks stores through mid-January 2021 in the following cities:
Baltimore, Boston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York City, Seattle, and Washington DC.
More information is available at www.Aira.io/Starbucks,including the full list of covered locations.
You will also find information about participating locations in the Aira app.
If you’ve always wanted to try Aira, this is a great way to test the service and have that iconic Starbucks experience. If you’re already an Aira Explorer, thank you, and take advantage of this offer to enhance your use of Aira.
We are thrilled that Starbucks is taking this step to support blind customers as we all adjust to the current challenges. So, we encourage everyone to navigate to your local Starbucks with an Aira Agent. Maybe even incorporate it into a mobility lesson.
Aira can be used while at a Starbucks for up to 30 minutes for assistance with tasks, including:
 ● Reading in-store information
● Finding amenities such as the order counter or table
● Social Distancing in the line
● Finding the Starbucks itself
● And more.
Don’t forget, your Aira Agent can also get that perfect Starbucks Selfie for sharing on social media. Our customers have made the hash tag #OnMyTerms synonymous with Aira so feel free to use it when tagging. Social media handles, @Starbucks and @airaio,  can also be used.
And, remember, you can always use your free five-minute call to plan your trip before you go.
To take advantage of this offer, all you need is a smartphone and the Aira app which is free from the Apple App or Google Play stores. Then, if you are not already an Aira Explorer, you will just need to set up a free account and you can use Aira Access locations for free just like Aira Explorers do.
If you have any questions, please email Paul Schroeder at Paul at Aira.io.