[Oabs] Correction, please read

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 02:49:34 UTC 2014

Hi again, OABS,

Following a conversation I just had with Eric, we are going to need to
hold off until the September board meeting to do the drawing.  I saw a
text from Deborah on vacation that said we needed to do it now, but
Eric has advised that we wait so that is what we are going to do.
This will give us more time to collect funds, and will allow more
people to buy tickets.  It will also allow us to coordinate where gift
cards are, since apparently some have not followed directions and gift
cards for this drawing are scattered around the affiliate and not in
the hands of either Emily or myself, or with Eric and Shelbe.

As for Bell, Eric has told me that the program is funded for this
year, and whatever we split with BELL can go to the 2015 BELL program
to start the fundraising early.  I know money is always an issue for
BELL when we're trying to get it off the ground, so I personally think
looking to the future of the BELL program is a good idea.

In the meantime, we need to get a handle on these cards and the
tickets.  I propose that we do the following: We wait till Bell is
wrapping up at least, and officially launch ticket sales on Aug 1.  We
can give people that time until the day before the board meeting to
buy.  Eric mentioned the possibility of allowing people to buy last
minute on the board meeting, however we will hold off on making this
official because that would involve making extra tickets, and would
possibly cause problems with the database system if we're adding
information in at the last minute.  For now, we'll plan for the day
before.  We'll draw raffles, and will soon after send the check to the
affiliate to be held for the 2015 Bell program.

I will continue to be in contact with Eric about this, especially
after bell.  He is still willing to help set up the online payment
system, as well as to help sort out the case of the wayward gift
cards.  We will wrap this up as nicely as we can.