[Oabs] Need help finding your congressional representatives?

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 19:29:33 UTC 2014

Hi OABS,

Here are a few helpful links you can use to find the congressional
leaders for your district(s), and provide that information to our
affiliate for our membership roster.

For the house, click http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
Enter your zip code in the box, along with the button to start the
finder.  You should come to a page which tells you the congressional
district for the zip code, the representative's name, and their
political party.  E.G, I entered 45247 for Cincinnati and the first
congressional district, and found my rep is republican Steve Chabot.
Likewise, I entered 45409 for Dayton where I attend school, and found
that it is the tenth congressional district represented by republican
Michael R. Turner.

Also, the representatives for Ohio are Rob Portman (Republican) and
Sherrod Brown (Democrat).

I am looking into how to find who our Ohio General Assembly
representatives are.  I have never had to write to them directly so if
I find a tool to help everyone find that information for where they
live I will send it on.

Hope this helps.