[Colorado-Talk] 16th Street Mall Project: Paver Preview: Reminder About Second and Third Opportunities

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:50:41 UTC 2022

Greetings and salutations:

PCL Construction, in partnership with the Denver Department of
Transportation and Infrastructure, will host two more in-person sessions to
offer a preview of the curbless design and new granite pavers on the future
16th Street Mall. A goodly number of us had a chance to examine the pavement
preview on Tuesday, July 26. For those of you who still want a chance to
examine the proposed new pavement and street demarcation design, there are
two more events scheduled as follows:

Location:            The Outer Space
Northwest corner of 16th Street Mall and Welton
(601 16th Street Mall)
Denver, CO 80202

Next Event:    Wednesday, August 10 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.

Final event:        Wednesday, August 17 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

This is perhaps our best chance to learn how well the City of Denver is
listening to concerns expressed by the blind community. I urge any and all
to take the time to come to any of the next two sessions to examine how we,
people who are blind, will be able to detect the boundary between where we
can walk and the street where the free mall rides will continue to operate.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Best regards,

Curtis Chong