[Colorado-Talk] For immediate release, National Federation of the Blind of Colorado to organize new Downtown COS Chapter

kevan nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Mon Apr 1 18:22:13 UTC 2024

To members of the press and all community calendars, on April 15th there will be an organizing meeting of a new National Federation of the Blind Colorado Chapter in Downtown COS. The gathering will take place on Monday, April 15th from 5:30 until 7 at 19 N Tejon St. We appreciate the meeting space being donated by Avenue 19. As El Paso County grows so does the community of blind and low vision people. There has been an Olympic City Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind for 60 years. That chapter meets on the second Saturday of each month. The new NFBCO downtown COS Chapter will begin meeting on the 3rd Monday evening of each month.

The National Federation of the Blind is the oldest and largest organization of blind/low-vision people in the nation. More than a social or self-help group for people who are blind and their families. We are a true civil rights advocacy organization. We are a social action movement, "the authentic voice of the organized blind". Wherever good things are happening on behalf of people who are blind/low vision you will find the National Federation of the Blind. We led the fight in Colorado for parental rights, accessible app and website laws, accessible voting and much more. We look forward to having blind people of all ages, professionals who work with people who are blind/low vision, parents of blind children and others join us to learn more about the organization, and membership and to help set priorities of the blind in Colorado Springs, the state and nation.

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.

https://nfb.org/.<https://nfb.org/>
https://www.nfbco.org/.<https://www.nfbco.org/>

We are a volunteer membership organization. Leaders are democratically elected. The majority of whom must be legally blind.  We are a 501C3 nonprofit.

For further information contact Kevan Worley, Chair, organizing committee. kevan at nfbco.org<mailto:kevan at nfbco.org> 303-929-2369

At your service,
Manager Project Literacy, National Federation of the Blind of Colorado
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.
Colorado Center for the Blind believes when you believe in yourself and experience a thriving community of positive blind people, nothing can hold you back from pursuing your dreams.