[Ct-nfb] TRANSPORTATION

Leslie Fairall fairall at shellworld.net
Sat Jun 18 02:24:40 UTC 2011

Hi Debbie:

Like Suzanne and Joyce, I use paratransit to get to and from work. I find
that it works fairly well. I live in West Haven and and use the Greater
New Haven Transit District (also know as My Ride). When I moved here seven
years ago, I called every day for my rides, but got put on subscription
service about six years ago. I have no problems getting to work, but
getting home can be a challenge sometimes. However, like Chris said, being
to work on time is more important. Also note that you are bound to run
into some difficulty when you have to transfer between paratransit
districts (such as Bridgeport and New Haven). I'm sure someone will
correct me if I'm wrong on this, but it costs $2.50 per ride in every
district throughout the state. It is slightly cheaper to purchase the
ticket books, which I have chosen to do. There is a website where you can
purchase them online which is:

www.cttransit.com

Hope this information is helpful.