[Ct-nfb] Greetings

Bjackel at aol.com Bjackel at aol.com
Wed May 25 13:05:38 UTC 2011

Hello List Members,

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.  My name is  Bernadette
Jackel and I have a soon-to-be 20 year old son with CVI.   Although he is
not blind, he functions at the definition of blindness especially  in new
environments and learning new skills.  He currently attends  Perkins School for
the Blind where he has been since 8th grade due to our  district not
understanding his visual impairment.  He will graduate from  Perkins in June,
2012.  We are in the process of transitioning him into  adulthood, not too
dissimilar to what we are going to be doing for our daughter  who graduated this
past Monday from Boston College.  That being said,  there are things we need
to do for our son that we will not have to do for our  daughter.  He is
capable of living independently with some support, can  hold a job, although
unlikely it would be a job that will fully support  him, and have a life that
is his own.  We are I would appreciate ANY  and ALL advice you can give us.

Sincerely,
Bernadette

In a message dated 5/18/2011 8:16:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,