[Ct-nfb] wine and breaking bread

Suzanne Westhaver swesthaver at comcast.net
Wed Aug 22 22:31:25 UTC 2012

I do not always agree with the positions the organization takes on certain
issues.  Goodwill happens to be one of these.

I meant no harm in inviting others unable to attend, but I would like to say
I'm disappointed in some of the responses to things on this group.

Part of the great thing about the NFB is getting the message out and doing
it in a way that is compassionate to those folks who may not be at the same
level  of progress as others and encouraging them to set and reach goals
using the philosophy of the organization to lead them in the right
direction.

I was appalled when the discussion about Goodwill resorted to slurs against
multi-disabled persons.  I found that less than persuasive an argument in
changing my mindset on my own opinion on the matter.

I have also thought about deleting myself from any further email from this
list or from Facebook because I do not operate in a manner that is
disrespectful towards others.

It is not helpful to the movement and it is not the kind of organization I
want to be associated with.

We don't have to agree all of the time.  It is better to respectfully
disagree or agree to disagree with grace than to resort to insults or
statements that promote the worth of one human as greater than another.

I've been a Federationist for a long time and I live independently and with
respect for myself and for others.

You can't reach people with the message when you demean them in the process.
Thanks for allowing me the time to express these concerns.

Good luck with the protests on Saturday.