[Ct-nfb] Can you stop using this forum for your personalopinion sand negativity

Susan Harper sueharpernp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 19:19:03 UTC 2012

I know nothing of any of these options that you all speak of.  As a parent
of a 6 year old who is blind and his twin who could go blind at some point,
all this discussion is incredibly important.  I don't just want the sugar
coated stuff.  I want the nitty-gritty on what it will be like, so as I
strive to educate my children, I can work to teach them about
discrimination and how to deal with it.  Let me tell you in Connecticut,
services for the blind stop working with parents and ignore their wishes
once their children reach school age.  Up until then they were great.
 Maine on the other hand allows services to blind children who are home
schooled and I am the coordinator of services for providers.  Trust me, the
school doesn't want my child, who would be a great financial burden to
them.  I have worked so hard in addition to my MS in Special Ed. to learn
how he learns.  I can't imagine, flushing him into public school.  Now that
said, keep the dialogues coming, so we all can learn.  We aren't all going
to agree, but we can respect and dialogue with each other.  Through crisis
comes change.  Through discussion, good or bad, comes education!  Keep
TALKING!

Blessings,
Sue H.