[Ct-nfb] Northwest Hills Credit Union Login is Inaccessible totheBlind

ntwales ntwales at omsoft.com
Tue Jan 15 18:19:51 UTC 2013

Jen,
While I understand the credit union's concern for security, several
banks, including some very large ones like Chase and Bank of America,
have figured out a way to make online account access usable by the blind
and secure (if there was a widespread problem with security at either of
these large banks I think it would be in the news and drive customers
away just like BofA's proposed $5/month fee on ATM access almost did a
year ago).  That said, the credit union can almost certainly figure out
a way to make their online system accessible to you; if the credit union
has been willing to at least try and work with you, you should refer
them to any of the access technology experts we employ at our national
headquarters in Baltimore who can help them further.  If the credit
union refuses to work with you, you may well have a case that the NFB
would be interested in pursuing, and you may wish to take Chris'
suggestion to take your business elsewhere.
Nathanael