[Ct-nfb] Window-Eyes is No More, How We Got to This Point and What's Next

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat May 27 21:41:56 UTC 2017

While many of us are concerned about competition, and this happened
somewhat faster then we thought it would, it wasn't a surprise to
anyone involved in AT.  VFO bought AI Squared a while back, so
eliminating one screen reader was inevitable.  Also, there is NVDA,
which is free, and pretty good, so there is still some competition.

Dave

p.s.  Narrator continues to improve, and it is free too. My
prediction is that in 10 years, JAWS will be gone, and I think they
are just making hay while they can.