[CT-NFB] Meet the NFB

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Mon Oct 5 22:53:42 UTC 2020

The NFB Krafters Division will be turning things around as we have invited
people in the NFB to join us at our Monday Chats.  We have blind folks from
all over and we wanted to introduce the NFB to everyone.  Below you find the
phone number to join the chat and a list of who have been invited to share
their words with all of us.

If you want to learn more about the NFB Krafters Division is all about or
check our classes we are giving go to:

www.KraftersKorner.org <http://www.KraftersKorner.org>

<https://www.facebook.com/groups/712038179007177/permalink/1483656741845313/
?__cft__%5b0%5d=AZVgbvpbg3f1w4ZhdEj4_6VaASLHw1GAS-6Xevol1G5wv0LkCnwuVwVBXoUz
U1dQ06JSQTtwlJvbQKtiknxgR7l75NBf6QXm2i3ylWHcAu5p7f1NvM2mypLs1heSclqzrO2RW4Z6
iEM71k2wPiWOrnuvH8yDQlh2-_05HsVn0JkmmVHiHQWVlnAeJWw-mLpg6lL36GACMhLTup_VnY09
D2eA&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-y-R> October 3 at 3:02 PM  .

National Federation of the Blind Krafters Division proudly presents

"Meet our Federation Family" in honor of Meet the Blind Month

Join us as we get to know our Federation family better. Just like at any
family reunion, we will hear some great stories of trials and triumphs that
made the family stronger.

These events will be held on our chatline.

786-577-1020 access code: 614370

October 5, 2020 7:30 PM Eastern

Norma Crosby, National Board of Directors

In 2012, Norma was chosen to serve as the first president of the Lone Star
Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Texas. Then, at the
affiliate's 2014 convention, she was elected to serve as the state
president. While Norma believes strongly that it is not necessary to hold an
office in order to be an effective leader, she is honored to serve as both
the president of the NFB of Texas and, since her election at the 2015
National Convention, as a member of the organization's national board of
directors.

Norma believes in the importance of braille literacy. In honor of her
stance, Cathy Flesher will teach a braille drawing of a small pumpkin. Be
sure to bring along a braille writer or slate and stylus and braille paper!

October 12, 2020 7:30PM Eastern

Ron Brown, 2nd Vice-president

Recently Ron returned to school and earned a master's degree in educational
psychology with a certification in orientation and mobility from Louisiana
Tech University. He now owns a second business, teaching cane travel to
blind people in the state of Indiana.

As Ron Brown has developed and matured in his personal life, his commitment
to and service in the National Federation of the Blind have deepened as
well. In the early years he was a chapter president and was then elected to
the NFB of Indiana's board of directors. He was first elected president of
the affiliate in 1996 and has been reelected every two years since. In 2001
he was elected to serve on the NFB board of directors.

Looking back, Ron Brown says, "Becoming a member of the national board is
the fulfillment of a life dream. I have been an advocate for blind people
for more than twenty-five years, and with every passing year my commitment
to serving the blind of this nation increases. My life indeed changed the
night I became blind, but with the perspective I now have, I must say that
it was for the better."

After Ron speaks to us, Jill will teach us to make a cute white cane
ornament. Bring some red, white, and black pony beads and a pipe cleaner.

October 19, 2020 7:30 PM Eastern

Loraine Rovig

>From her first appointment as librarian at the Iowa Commission for the Blind
in 1975,to her retirement from the National Federation of the Blind
headquarters in 2014, Loraine has never doubted the rights or abilities of
the blind. Join us as we hear from a "sighted guy" who has devoted over 40
years of her life to the Federation Family.

October 26, 2020 7:30PM Eastern

Join us as we discuss our book of the month, " Freedom" the 30th book in the
NFB Kernel book series. Our very own Ramona Walhof who is one of the authors
of the book will be with us to answer questions and share her thoughts about
the Federation. This is one you will not want to miss!

Joyce Kane