[CT-NFB] Did Anyone Watch the Subminimum Wage Hearing?

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Wed Jul 21 20:38:13 UTC 2021

Hey everyone,

Did anyone else here watch the subminimum wage hearing? It was awesome! Anil Lewis did a wonderful job representing the National Federation of the Blind.

Connecticut's own Congresswoman Jahana Hayes did a great job using her opportunity for questioning to pull out supportive points for our side. This told me that Federationists in Connecticut have done a great job working with the Congresswoman from the 5th district to build a strong ally in her.

If you haven't seen the hearing, here's a link to where you can watch it on YouTube. It's about 2 hours and 39 minutes long, but it's so worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVnUWfsH07o

Aloha,

Justin

Justin Mark Hideaki Salisbury
he/him/his

Phone: 808.797.8606
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-salisbury
ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Justin_Salisbury

"Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot un-educate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore."

Cesar Chavez