[CT-NFB] Substitute Bill Number 397

maryanne.melley at gmail.com maryanne.melley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:54:05 UTC 2022

Dear Federation Family,

Lucia sent me the Substitute Bill 397 this morning, and this was all the
information available right now. "The Appropriations Committee has indeed
changed the bill and passed the substituted version. It has gone through the
Legislative Commissioners Office and was given a Senate calendar number
today. It's not even on their calendar yet. I've attached the substituted
version. Everything in the bill is as current state statutes except for the
last sentence which is underlined. That is new. There are no reports from
the LCO online yet, but I suspect that there is no fiscal impact. I'm
thinking that the Senate will refer this to another committee (the one that
concerns itself with the state library - not sure which one that might be,
but I suspect it's the Education Committee) before it actually considers
putting it up for a Senate vote. Since the bill is on the Senate calendar
for now, there's not a lot to do except let your state senator know how you
feel about it."

I would suggest calling your local Senator rather than emailing because the
session closes on May fourth. Thank you for all your help in trying to stop
this Bill from passing.

Best Regards,

Maryanne Melley

President

maryanne.melley at gmail.com

Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into
reality