[CT-NFB] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Notice of ADA Website Accessibility Class Action Settlement: Douglass v. P.C. Richard & Son, LLC, No. 2:22-cv-399 (W.D. Pa.)

Isabel Rosario isabelrosario76 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 18:08:46 UTC 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Pare, John via NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 2:08 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Notice of ADA Website Accessibility Class
Action Settlement: Douglass v. P.C. Richard & Son, LLC, No. 2:22-cv-399
(W.D. Pa.)
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

Dear Fellow Federationists:

We were notified and asked to distribute the following information
regarding a recent Americans with Disabilities Act settlement. The
settlement requires P.C. Richard & Son, a retailer that sells home goods
and appliances at its online store, to make its website and software
applications nonvisually accessible. If you have any questions, please
email or call East End Trial Group LLC. Their contact information is at the
end of this email.

Warm regards,

John

On March 16, 2023, United States Magistrate Judge Maureen P. Kelly of the
United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
preliminarily approved the attached class action settlement agreement
resolving our client's disability discrimination claims against P.C.
Richard & Son, LLC (“P.C. Richard”), a retailer that sells home goods and
appliances at its online store, located at https://www.pcrichard.com/. You
can access the class action settlement agreement, and other documents and
information related to this class action case, by visiting
https://www.PCRichardADAsettlement.com
<https://www.pcrichardadasettlement.com/>.

Our client's lawsuit claimed that P.C. Richard failed to effectively
communicate information at its online store to consumers who use screen
readers, thereby denying these consumers full and equal access to P.C.
Richard’s products and services.

Will you please share the following Notice with your members via email,
social media, or newsletter on or before *May 15, 2023*? While we believe
the relief described at https://www.PCRichardADAsettlement.com
<https://www.pcrichardadasettlement.com/> is substantial, we want to make
sure all class members (and organizations that advocate for them) have an
opportunity to express their opinion.

*Notice of Digital Accessibility Settlement Concerning **www.pcrichard.com*
<http://www.pcrichard.com/>
A proposed settlement has been reached that would resolve the class action
lawsuit *Douglass v. P.C. Richard & Son, LLC*, Case No. 2:22-cv-399 (W.D.
Pa.). The lawsuit alleges that P.C. Richard violated the Americans with
Disabilities Act, 42 U.S.C. §§ 12101, *et seq.*, by failing to take the
necessary steps to ensure its website and mobile apps do not discriminate
against individuals who are Blind and/or who have a Visual Disability.
Under the settlement, P.C. Richard agrees to make its website, located at
https://www.pcrichard.com/, mobile apps, and any new website or mobile app
it develops or acquires accessible to individuals who are Blind and/or who
have a Visual Disability. For a more complete summary of the terms of the
proposed settlement, please visit https://www.PCRichardADAsettlement.com
<https://www.pcrichardadasettlement.com/>. Have questions? Contact East End
Trial Group at https://eastendtrialgroup.com.

Our office is happy to pay the reasonable costs associated with your
publication of this information.

For additional background, I have attached our client's class action
complaint and the Court's opinion preliminarily approving the settlement.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to review any
additional information.

Stephanie
smoore at eastendtrialgroup.com
https://www.eastendtrialgroup.com/

--

Stephanie Moore (She/Her/Hers
<https://medium.com/gender-inclusivit/why-i-put-pronouns-on-my-email-signature-and-linkedin-profile-and-you-should-too-d3dc942c8743>

East End Trial Group LLC
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/6901+Lynn+Way,+Suite+215+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Pittsburgh,+PA+15208?entry=gmail&source=g>
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/6901+Lynn+Way,+Suite+215+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Pittsburgh,+PA+15208?entry=gmail&source=g>

6901 Lynn Way, Suite 215
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/6901+Lynn+Way,+Suite+215+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Pittsburgh,+PA+15208?entry=gmail&source=g>

Pittsburgh, PA 15208
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/6901+Lynn+Way,+Suite+215+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Pittsburgh,+PA+15208?entry=gmail&source=g>

Tel. (724) 714-3095

smoore at eastendtrialgroup.com

[image:
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=119lRgbURGB3Y2Khr2X3fPVZ4eZKRVR5-&revid=0B7YEE4xmQedfazhhcnp5RFM5SlFRTFF0Tk11MlczbGJwRkRVPQ]

*Disclaimer*

The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in
relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
automatically archived by *Mimecast Ltd*, an innovator in Software as a
Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a *safer* and *more useful* place
for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and
compliance. To find out more Click Here <http://www.mimecast.com/products>.
List archives:  <
http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org>
goto