[CT-NFB] 2024 State Convention Update

llee at nfbct.org llee at nfbct.org
Thu Jul 18 17:34:50 UTC 2024

53rd Annual State Convention

Friday, November 1 - Sunday, November 3, 2024

Courtyard by Marriott

780 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton, CT 06484

203-929-1500

Book your room Now! Do not wait to the last minute or you may not get the
room block rate of $129.00. All rooms must be booked by October 11th, after
that our block expires. Please use National Federation of the Blind of
Connecticut or NFB when making your reservation.

Check-in starts at 3:00pm Friday November 1st and check-out on Sunday
November 3rd is 12:00pm. If you need to cancel your room, please do so 48
hours prior to arrival in order not to incur a charge. The hotel will hold
your bags for you if you arrive early or need to leave later than 12:00pm on
Sunday. You may request an early check-in. The hotel will do its best to
accommodate this request if they can. Each room has a coffee maker,
refrigerator, and microwave. Service Animals only, no pets allowed. Maryanne
will be visiting the hotel in August to provide more information on guide
dog relief areas. Metro North is available for those who live as far away as
New York. They do help you board and de-board the train. Please make sure
you call them one hour before you arrive. Metro North phone number
877-690-5114. The closest station to our hotel is the Derby/Shelton Station.
It is only 4.6 miles away. The Affiliate will once again be providing dinner
in a relaxed atmosphere on Friday night. We plan to have breakout sessions
starting at 5:00pm before we eat. Also please remember to visit our Vendors
on Friday night as well. They will be open from 7:00pm through 10:00pm. More
information will be coming as we receive it.

Thank you all.