[KeyStoneChapter] [NFBP-Talk] Democracy Live In PA

applebutterhill at gmail.com applebutterhill at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 02:42:15 UTC 2020

Hi All,

Well, I have an email from our election board saying my ballot was received. I had a friend drive me to the courthouse and I handed it to them. If you don’t want to mail it in (and I had no time to mail it in) you have to take it in person to a drop off point. In Susquehanna county, that meant going to the courthouse. Funny thing is, though you have to present yourself and your ballot, they don’t ask for identification.

I was out of town with a nonfunctional laptop for several weeks, and I erroneously thought that we could submit it online, which we should be able to do. The fact that we couldn’t meant that I had to find a printer. Mine is 15 years old and hasn’t been hooked up in a decade. Anyway, it was a marathon, getting someone to take me to Walmart, getting several people to try to get the darn thing to work. On Saturday, 3 people spent over 7 hours before we finally had a print-out. I consider the printer cost to be a poll tax. I wonder how many blind people who are not active in the movement and/or have careers that require such things actually have printers.

Cheers,

Donna Hill, Susquehanna county, PA