[Massachusetts-NFB] further clarification on the new Charlie Card/Blind Access Card

Debbie Malone dmalone510 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 14:01:59 UTC 2024

Here is the response that I received from the MBTA.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Charlie Support Center.
We are responding to your inquiry regarding blind access passes.

As of October 1,2024, reduced fare program cards are being replaced with
non personalized cards.
Program benefits will remain the same which is how drivers will know that
you have an blind access pass.
If you feel better bringing someone to assist them with taking the MBTA
that is always more than welcomed.

If you have questions, or need any assistance please reach out to us at
617-222-3200.

*Thank you for riding the T*
*MBTA Charlie Support Team*

--
*Debbie Malone*

*National Federation of the Blind of Massachusetts*

*Affiliate Second Vice President*

*At-Large Chapter President*

*National Federation of the Blind, National Writers Division Vice President*
*InclusionEducation.com <https://inclusioneducation.com/>*
Amazon Author Page <https://www.amazon.com/~/e/B07RVCRR5R>

*Sent with Right Inbox <https://www.rightinbox.com/?utm_source=signature>*

<https://inboxwhenready.org/?utm_campaign=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_source=signature>