[Mdpobc] Braille Challenge

melissa at riccobono.us melissa at riccobono.us
Mon Nov 30 20:16:07 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

Attached is a registration packet for the Maryland Regional Braille
Challenge. This fun contest will take place Saturday, January 30, at the
Maryland School for the Blind. (The snow date is February 6.) Students in
pre-K through grade 12 are welcome to participate in this event. This is a
fantastic way for students to practice braille skills-no matter if they have
read braille for a long time, or are just learning braille. I have all ready
registered Oriana for this event. She is in kindergarten this year, and she
participated for the first time last year as a pre-k student. She did not
know the entire braille alphabet last year, but she still had a lot of fun
and is excited to participate again.

I am on the planning committee for this event, so I know there will be nice
workshops for parents while children are participating in the Braille
Challenge. There will also be a vendor fair, braille book exchange,
networking opportunities, and more.

I hope many of your children will be able to participate in this event.
Please do not hesitate to contact me, or Victoria Watt at the School for the
Blind, with any questions. Please note-there is no space to check off that a
student is in pre-K or kindergarten on the form. These students are
accepted, and they are tested separately. If you have a child in pre-K or
kindergarten, just make a note that they need to be tested in this category.

Melissa

---