[nabs-l] Excel Help

Trevor Attenberg tattenberg at gmail.com
Fri May 22 01:31:23 UTC 2015

Excel is pretty accessible, save at least for some of the visuals (graphs
etc.), which is a problem anywhere, especially if you don't have access to
tactile printing; but that's not generally stuff you would rely upon when
working with the program. I am not the ultimate expert on the program; but
I've been able to learn quickly through some helpful sources and
experimentation. If you use JAWS like I do, there are resources for keyboard
shortcuts you can use to good effect; many of which work just the same with
any adaptive tech or none at all if you can see well enough. I'll attach a
few files you may find helpful. I can't open your attachment since I'm
getting the email through the digest format; but hopefully I can be of
service. You should check out google or another search engine for additional
information on excel commands you can use for accounting, math, etc. That is
the sort of stuff that is helpful for any excel user and not just the blind;
thus it is readily available. You might also be able to come across
additional information pertinent for users of your preferred adaptive
software. Unfortunately I don't know of accessible tutorials on excel one
can get off the web; but I haven't looked.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Trevor

---