[nagdu] docked tails was Smallest Guide Dog

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Fri May 7 12:16:20 UTC 2010

Tracy,

I'm with you on the docked tail.  Monty's tail is docked.  It is very nice
to not have to worry about it getting in cars or clearing off entire shelves
in the store or waylaying toddlers.  He's a big dog that wags nearly
constantly and it's not a little way, his whole but wiggles when he wags.  I
can only imagine how dangerous a long tail might be! *smile*

I am uncomfortable with the idea of docking ears and tails though.  If I
ever decide to start with a Boxer puppy I don't think I'd have it docked.  I
wouldn't pass up one that was already docked though.  So I suppose I'm a bit
of a contradiction.

Julie