[nagdu] (no subject)

Margo and Arrow margo.downey at verizon.net
Wed Jul 11 22:30:56 UTC 2012

Let me tell you something.  I have a black lab and folks always think he
looks sad even though he is furiously wagging his tail and perhaps doing his
little dance prance steps in place--he doesn't bother anyone.  Labrador eyes
can look sad although they're not sad.

I am always having folks tell me things that are so off base.  You know
best, your vet knows, your school knows, and people with good, common sense
you can trust know.

Arrow is a tiny male.  also, he had crystals in his urine and frequent
urinary infections and he was headed rather speedily toward kidney stones.
We had two choices:  finding a food he could eat or retire him.  We tried a
few foods, the vet read labels, Seeing eye helped with urine and other
tests, and we decided that Science diet Weight diet was the best for him and
it has been.  He is a happy dog.  People tell me he looks thin, but, the vet
says he's a good weight and when Seeing eye weighed him at the Graduate
reunion he was fine.  Seeing eye would like for Arrow to be between 58 and
65 pounds.  He is usually 57-58 pounds.  that is small for many males, but,
Arrow's very small--small head, small feet, small.  he is also physically
fit, happy, playful, robust, strong, etc.  but, I have folks insinuate I
neglect him.  I explain the issue to them and then I generally get in their
face and tell them that they can call my vet and speak with him if they want
to.  I tell them to look beyond appearances.  People who know me know I am a
good handler, take care of my dogs, etc.  I have on the other side been
complimented by dog handlers, guide dog handlers, on how good Arrow looks,
so, go figure.

He had to have his tail amputated last year.  there were insinuations about
that that it was because I'm blind and something awful happened.  Not the
case.  Arrow is actually more happy without most of his tail.  Actually, he
looks like a little doberman now and his tail is actually quite cute.

I know I've rambled, but, just want to point out that folks are going to say
stuff.

Margo and Arrow