[nagdu] stress, how much is too much?

Katrin Andberg katrin.andberg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:53:20 UTC 2012

Something else that should always as well be considered when a dog's
behavior changes or a dog begins to show avoidance and/or aggression, is is
there a physical reason for this behavior?  Honestly I've seen a lot of dogs
in pain due to poor fitting harnesses or other equipment.  If my dog starts
to avoid having the harness put on 1st thing I do is set up appointment with
the dog chiropractor I use.  Almost every single time she's found something
structurally amiss, she corrects it and within 48hrs my dog is back to happy
to have the harness put on.  I've also had harness handles that due to
design were causing my dog pain.  Tom (my GDF dog) and I went through a
number of them, and the process finally resulted in a trip to the person who
actually makes the harnesses and handles GDF uses and him designing a
completely new model for us.  Fixed the problem, my shoulder no longer hurts
and neither does Tom's.

My last dog, when he started abnormally avoiding wanting to have the harness
put on, turns out the end reason was he had early bone cancer in his front
leg.  Other common ailments that can cause structural pain and/or behavior
change are lyme disease, tick borne illness, thyroid problems, arthritis,
hip or elbow dysplasia, etc.

Katrin

Katrin Andberg

 <mailto:katrin at maplewooddog.com> katrin at maplewooddog.com