[nagdu] Fair Housing Act

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 26 23:57:06 UTC 2012

Hi, julie J,
Thank you for posting this as I plan on keeping it.
I had an issue with CORHUD (Colorado Regional Housing Urban development) where they didn't have service dogs listed under the house policies.
Now, I'm having to fight them again because they figure since I'm totally blind and use a power wheelchair, they expect my husband to baby-sit me while I'm in it.
Despite that I've had a few accidents and owned up to it, they still want me treated like a dumby.
That's not going to happen as I'm going to request a second accomodation from my medical doctor to make it clear that I'm capable to use my powerchair, just like I am with a working dog.
Makes me wonder how many more hoops are going to have to jump through constantly?
*Sigh and annoyed*
Bibi