[nagdu] Taking your guide dog to parties?

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Tue Nov 3 14:13:36 UTC 2015

Well thanks for all the interesting posts, guys, as usual it's fun reading.
In my younger days, (early to late twenties) I took my dog to parties all
the time and in retrospect some of the parties I took him too probably
weren't the best environment, crowoowded noisy, with drunken folks rebel
rousing and so on, or parties at bars and so on. But my dog did seem to take
it in stride. Now Debbie, you mentioned dancing, what did you do to feel
secure about leaving your pup while you were dancing, I was always leary of
leaving my dog alone under a table or chair while I went dancing, not that
so many people invited me but sometimes they did--lol. The dog could wander
or people could mess with him.So I decided eventually that places where I
want to dance might not be a good place to take my dog. Of course I violated
that rule sometimes as when I lived onnear campus or so on the places I
needed to get to for the dance required street crossings and so on.
So what is everyone's experience.

Dan the man, parker the Great