[nagdu] corrections with the Halti

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 23:03:10 UTC 2015

A correction is a form of positive punishment, meaning when the dog
performs an undesirable behavior, you add a stimulus to his
environment to stop the behavior. If you think of a correction that
way, rather than thinking of it as yanking on the collar, you can
definitely give corrections with the Halti. Simply correct by gently
pulling or tugging on the leash. Don't yank, snap, or snatch, just use
a light pull or tug.
If you give a correction with the Halti in the same way you would with
a choke chain or half check, that can be dangerous.

I prefer to call Halti corrections redirecting, though it is
technically correcting. It's definitely not force-free or reinforcing.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs