[nagdu] corrections with the Halti

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Nov 29 23:13:23 UTC 2015

Did the trainer explain exactly what he/she meant by this?  There are
corrections and then there are corrections.    You can correct a dog in a
Gentle Leader, but it isn't a quick jerk of the leash, it's an even pull
sort of motion.   I suppose you could call it a correction, even though
generally when we talk about corrections and dogs people generally mean the
old fashioned leash pop.  Maybe it's just a different interpretation of the
word *correction*.

If the trainer actually meant a leash pop sort of motion like what is used
with a chain collar, then I think I'd get a second opinion.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC