[nfb-db] rules in the ASLlab

maurice mines kd0iko at icloud.com
Wed Sep 18 16:45:19 UTC 2013

Good morning, here's my two cents on this. A solution is that if you have to watch the videos, arrange for a room where you can communicate with the person who's helping you in the most comfortable manner that you see fit, and so long as it is the least restrictive environment for you in the classroom, and you can get unfortunately the disabled services office to hopefully help you out and/or stand behind you on what you and the professor agree upon, then I think you guys can come up with something that is workable. the problem Janice is a fun reading this right she doesn't have a braille notetaker in place currently correct? So I think she'd have to find someplace where she can speak. Because I'm going to assume that her primary issue is blindness at this point? So demanding that she not speak, I think would not be an appropriate thing to ask based on blindness. The professor needs to understand that. If the school doesn't get it then there are other things she can do and probably should be doing. Just my two cents worth. Another resource of course is the national student's email list. Perhaps some of them have some suggestions? If I'm coming across as being someone on the radical side of things, it's only because I have had to fight some of these fights in my very distant past, but now I find myself going back into a classroom as a student. And also working for the disabled student services office part time. It certainly makes me think whenever issues like this,, which side of my on-campus life in my going to be on? The student side or the professional side?

Sincerely Maurice, secretary national Federation of the blind of Clark County chapter. Phone 360-524-0791, school email address, Maurice.mines at PCC.edu