[Nfb-history] Recording Toolbox

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Fri Jul 15 20:16:52 UTC 2011

Hello Tina and everyone,

Lest anyone think I'm inflexible when it comes to recording equipment and
quality much depends on the audience to receive the finished product. Since
the Living History and Webmasters Group recordings are only given to
specific individuals and are not shared via the Web recordings produced from
a a portable digital recorder are acceptable. I have heard a few recordings
made in this way and did upload them to several Web sites. I just don't like
to hear audio quality made recently to be like that of the 1940s on our Web
sites. The recordings of Dr. TenBroek and that Dishwashing Discussion by Dr.
Jernigan pass muster in my book as the equipment used back then produced
audio of a lower quality than we're capable of producing today.

Peter Donahue