[Nfb-history] Convention Recordings

chris nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 22:16:43 UTC 2011

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information! What I'll have to end up doing I'm going
to have to do is, if I'm recording it with my BrailleNote, record the
meetings and then convert the WAV files to MP3 files when I get home
from convention. I do have another option, but I don't know how to do
it. I could record them on my Victor Stream. I've heard that with the
latest Stream software version, you can tell it to record in either
WAV or MP3 formats. Does anybody know how to do that on the Stream?
While I don't have any recording studio-grade recording equipment, I
think the Stream is very professional-sounding. It has a great
microphone, and doesn't have any annoying hum or other noise in the
background like some other recorders. The BrailleNote is a little less
clear, but is pretty good also, in my opinion. What does everybody
think? Would recordings from something like the Stream be good enough
to give to the state affiliate leaders to put on the site or to the
tenBroek Library? Thanks!

--
Chris Nusbaum

"The real problem of blindness is not the loss of eyesight. The real
problem is the misunderstanding and lack of education that exists. If
a blind person has the proper training and opportunity, blindness can
be reduced to a mere physical nuissence." -- Kenneth Jernigan

Visit the I C.A.N. Foundation online at: www.icanfoundation.info for
information on our foundation and how it helps blind and visually
impaired children in MD say "I can!"