[NFB-InTheKitchen] Accessible Food Scale

Regina Mitchell chefrdm at gmail.com
Sun May 8 11:00:12 UTC 2022

Hello Dan

This is Chef Regina. Thank you for your inquiry on a talking food scale.

Here is a link from Maxi Aides, a supplier of blind and low vision aides
for a talking food scale:

Vox-2 Talking Kitchen Scale
https://www.maxiaids.com/vox-2-talking-kitchen-scale

Details:
Instantly know the weight without having to view the scale display!
The Vox-2 Talking Kitchen Scale will announce the weight of food or other
items in your preferred language (English, German, French, and Spanish), as
well as your choice of grams or pounds/ounces. Weigh up to 11 lbs. (5 kg)
in 0.1 oz (1 g) increments.
This easy-to-use, ergonomic big button scale was designed with the visually
impaired in mind.
SKU : 551870. $45.90

Here is another link to the top 3 kitchen Food Scales from Everyday Sight
https://www.everydaysight.com/talking-kitchen-scales/

I do hope you find a food scale to fit your needs. Please let me know if
you have any additional questions.

Dan,
Often all we need to step back  in the kitchen is a little inspiration, a
few basic tools and a doable recipe to build confidence and independence.

 I hold cooking classes via zoom on the first and second Wednesday of the
month at 4:30pm PST as well as a few other blind cooks who also have
cooking classes and discussions groups. These sessions may help to
strengthen your confidence and provide some basic skills to move forward.

Should you or anyone else be interested please reply and we will forward
the links when classes are in session.

Take care
Happy Cooking

--
Kindly,
Regina Mitchell

National Federation of the Blind of Nevada
Board of Directors | Scholarship Committee Chair
nfbnevada.org

Blindconnect Angela's House Mobility Training Center
Culinary Program, Chef Instructor | Board of Directors
blindconnect.org