[NFB-NM] FW: New Mexico Association of Blind Students Washington D.C. Seminar Scholarship

Tonia Trapp nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 02:22:17 UTC 2018

nfbnewmexicosecretary at gmail.com

www.nfbnm.org

From: Zachary N. Griego-Dreicer [mailto:zdreicer at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 4:44 PM
To: Tonia L. Trapp
Subject: Fwd: New Mexico Association of Blind Students Washington D.C. Seminar Scholarship

Would you please forward this to all prospective students, as well as the state wide list? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 7 Using VoiceOver

Begin forwarded message:

From: president.nmabs at gmail.com
Date: August 19, 2018 at 21:14:01 MDT
To: zdreicer at gmail.com

Image removed by sender. Google Forms

You are invited to apply for the Washington D.C. Seminar Scholarship

 <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdBJWq-imvKCgsYkGBk3bV-ewmSYyCdMcGNFrDnTu71_r79Gg/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link> New Mexico Association of Blind Students Washington D.C. Seminar Scholarship

This is an opportunity for you the student to learn about and advocate for legislative initiatives that will help improve the lives of all blind Americans to live the life they want! The scholarship fund will help to cover expenses with a $500.00 scholarship. The $500 Scholarship could be used for your hotel bill or airline ticket. Depending on prices, the award could cover most of the cost of the trip.
You will need to attach a short essay (250 words) telling us who you are, what you hope to learn, and why you would like to attend.
You would fly into D.C. January 2018 stay four days at the Holiday Inn Capitol. During those four days, you get to meet National Federation of the Blind leaders, New Mexico and United States Congressional leaders and advocate for your rights as a blind student.

To apply for the scholarship, we ask that you be at least 14 years of age or a freshman in high school.
Please contact Kaity Ellis, President E: mail: president.nmabs at gmail.com Phone: (575)-694-4299, If you have questions or need assistance.

Good luck!

 <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdBJWq-imvKCgsYkGBk3bV-ewmSYyCdMcGNFrDnTu71_r79Gg/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link> Fill out form

 <https://docs.google.com/forms?usp=mail_form_link> Create your own Google Form